• The South Carolina Boards of Medical Examiners, Nursing and Pharmacy approved and adopted the recommendation that school nurses may administer over the counter medications with parental consent and without physician consent.  Therefore, if your child requires over the counter medication at school, please either visit the school webpage (click the "Non-Prescription" links below) or contact the school nurse to request a copy of the appropriate form.  This form must be completed before the school nurse will be able to administer any over the counter medication.  Please be reminded that all over the counter medication must be sent from home (specific to each student) in its original container and it must be labeled with the student's name. 
    Medication should be taken at home and administered by a parent whenever possible.  However, there are times that it is necessary for students to take medications at school.  Prior to medications being administered at school, the school nurse must have the proper paperwork on file.  If the medication is a prescription medication, the paperwork MUST be completed and signed by the student's health care provider and the student's parent/legal guardian.  This form can be found by clicking the health forms tab.