Anderson District One Building Program
In April of 2019, the voters of Anderson School District One overwhelmingly passed a $109 Million dollar bond referendum. These funds along with Local Option Sales Tax Funds and General Fund money will supply the $132 Million dollar building program. The building program began in the spring of 2019 and is expected to be completed by the spring of 2023.
The building program includes the following:
- Updating safety and security measures at all schools
- Replacing the two oldest middle schools (Palmetto Middle and Wren Middle)
- Adding additions to Powdersville Elementary, Cedar Grove Elementary, Spearman Elementary, Powdersville Middle and Powdersville High
- Making critical renovations to Palmetto High School, Wren High School, and Adult Education
- Repairing and/or replacing needed HVAC and roofs