In an effort to address concerns about the widely publicized coronavirus, (COVID-19) and to keep parents informed, Anderson One district administration wants to ensure you that we are continuing to review, update and as necessary implement our district plan while conferring with the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC), the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the South Carolina Department of Education (SCDE) for the latest updates on the coronavirus.
It is suggested that parents follow the same healthy practices that our schools are following in an effort to help stop or slow down the spread:
- Wash your hands regularly, especially after using the restroom and before preparing or consuming food. Wash for 20 seconds, using soap and water. Hand sanitizer should contain at least 60% alcohol to be effective, if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid coughing or sneezing into your hands or in the air. Always try to cough or sneeze into a tissue and then throw the tissue away. If you don’t have a tissue, cough/sneeze into your arm.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If children are feeling sick, please keep them home from school. If a student or employee is sick, we ask that he stay home and not return until after 24 hours of being fever free without fever reducing medication.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces. We have purchased Lysol wipes for each classroom in our buildings. Teachers are to wipe surfaces during the day as appropriate. Custodians are cleaning restrooms and other common areas (cafeteria, commons, etc.) frequently during the day with approved antibacterial soap and making sure soap is available in all locations.
Should a case of coronavirus be confirmed by DHEC among our students or staff, Anderson One will immediately notify parents and provide recommendations and next steps. As always, the safety of our students, staff and families remains our top priority. We will act out of an abundance of caution to protect everyone’s health and well-being.