Powdersville Middle School is committed to continuing the ASD1 tradition of excellence by providing world class knowledge, skills, and life characteristics based on the individual needs of each student.
We envision a school:
- where all stake holders feel safe and the environment is conducive to optimum learning
- where difference in student needs are recognized, valued, and addressed to maximize opportunities for success
- where all stakeholders are treated with fairness and respect
- where all stakeholders are accountable and collaborate in the educational process
- where students are college and career ready for the changing demands of society through progressive, rigorous, and engaging educational experiences
- where individuals are provided relevant curricular opportunities to promote critical thinking and problem and solving skills
- where all stakeholders are encouraged to recognize, respect, and embrace diversity
- Students learn best in a safe and secure environment where they are valued and treated with fairness and respect.
- A safe environment includes the physical, emotional, and social well-being of all students and staff.
- Digital citizenship and online safety are the responsibility of all stakeholders.
- All individuals can learn, be successful, and make a valuable contribution to society.
- Each individual has different needs and deserves equal opportunities to achieve at his/her greatest potential.
- A world class education, as defined by the Profile of the South Carolina Graduate, is the responsibility of all stakeholders.
- Learning is a lifelong process that requires perseverance and self-direction.